Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A needed break

My wonderful husband downloaded one of the books I am reading for history for me. He knows how much I like to listen to audio books and so he found the book, it isn’t the text book but is required reading for this course. “Lies my teacher told me everything your American history textbook got wrong” by James W. Loewen, if you are interested. I’m not very far into it but I would highly recommend it. I am learning so much from it. I really do enjoy reading however when it is information I need to remember and important the reading goes a little bit slower for me. Not to mention all the distractions and interruptions.


Today I was able to get all the laundry put away and the house really cleaned; although the babies took every opportunity that my back was turned to get into something they weren’t supposed too. They climbed onto the table and dumped juice out of the cups, they broke a picture frame and took the pictures out of another one, oh and they pulled my laptop off the counter and somehow started ITunes so when I came in the room they were dancing around to MXPX dad will be proud to hear that. Good thing they took a nap, during that time I was able to sweep and steam the floors all while listening to my book. I have also taken advantage of all the driving time that I do, to also get some “reading” in.

Tonight I am going to a friend’s house, she is having a creative gathering, where you can bring whatever you have been creating and work on it there. I will be finishing my cuffs that I am making and hopefully will have a picture of them for you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...