Saturday, July 3, 2010

Vacationing

For those of you who don’t know, I am on vacation. No not vacation from my blog, although it would appear that way. But no, I am on vacation with my family. We are in Washington D.C., and instead of tell you about it in one big blog when I get home, I am going to try and keep you updated nightly (maybe).


We left on the first after Mr. Vargas got off work, I had the van packed and ready to go and the house clean and the kids fed and waiting. We were able to pull out of our driveway at around 6. Since it is about a 20 hour drive from Tulsa to DC, we decided to stop and see some of my family in Tennessee. To make it easier on the kids, we decided to drive straight through the night so that they could sleep. This worked out great. Also the portable DVD player (Thanks Gramma) and the boatload of DVDs (Thanks Miss Dana) that we borrowed helped to keep our sanity while the kiddos were not sleeping. We made excellent time to Tennessee and were able to stop and take showers and let the kids run around and eat lunch with my Aunt and Uncle and their beautiful children. I think my camera was packed away for this part of the trip so no pictures of that.

After that it was about a 7 hour trip from Tennessee to DC, I tried to catch up on some sleep from driving the night before and Mr. Vargas got us there, making great time.



Today the adventure began.

We played at a park.
We went on a boat tour/ride to Georgetown

"on a boat"

Our view of the capital

We ate at Haagen-Dazs ice cream in Georgetown

yum

We took another boat back. (loved this pic)

Exhausted by the day's adventure (the big boys rode with AntAnna and Uncle John)

We went to dinner at Marrakesh- A very yummy Moroccan restaurant.

eating on couches with your fingers, every child's dream

After we ate we were entertained by a belly dancer,

 she was great.


Tomorrow looks like a busy day for us, among other things there is a picnic, going to the mall (not the shopping kind), seeing the Air Force Memorial and possibly a pentagon Memorial tour. Also I’m sure we will see fireworks of some kind. Hope you all have a safe and happy 4th!

OH and a big shout out to our house sitter, love you muchly!

2 comments:

  1. looks like a great time!! what wonderful memories you are creating with your little ones! can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...