Saturday, January 10, 2009

Welcome to my crazy life.

I have decided to start blogging, because there are way to many things that go on in my day that I just have to share with someone, they are too funny not to. So mostly this will be my attempt at humor and trying to stay sane.


When people hear that I have five kids I usuallly get a "How do you do it?" and I usually just shrug and say " I just do." Well here is how I do it, I'm not suggesting that this will work for anyone else this is just what works for me :), but go ahead and steal it if you think it will work for you too.


Here is how my week usually goes.


On Mondays I do laundry, all day. I figured it out that if I did at least 2 loads a day then I would be doing at least 14 loads of laundry a week, where if I do it all in one day I only do around 8-10 loads. This is how I break it down. There are 7 of us that are making laundry daily. All of Avrah's weekly laundry usually equals 1 load and I wash all the babies stuff together in one load as well, then I sort the rest of it out into piles, whites, reds, blacks, blues & greens, kids jeans, big jeans, towels & rags. So that is 9 loads.

On Tuesdays I clean the kitchen, I do the dishes everyday a couple times a day, but this is when I really scrub it good, get the floors really good and anything else in there that needs to be done..OH this is also when I call my sister, so I can catch up with her and the work goes by faster..although I haven't called her in a couple weeks and I miss her.. :(

On Wednesdays I do the living room and the bedrooms..( this one is pretty much just theory at this point as I haven't actually done it this way in a while)..although the liveing room is done at the end of everyday.

On Thursdays I do the bathrooms. Sometimes I don't do the towels and rags til this day. I also usually go to lunch with my mom after I take Josiah to school on this day too.

On Fridays I rest and watch all my thursday night shows :).. oh and if I didn't get the stuff from one of the other days I do it on this day.

Also on Mondays 3 of the 5 kids have school. Judah is in 2nd grade and walks to school by himself (weather permitting..and that means he's walking if its not raining). He eats breakfast at school and they open the doors at 8:30 so I usually make sure he leaves here around then. Josiah and Avrah go to a private preschool 3 days a week (Mon, Wed, Fri) from 9:30-12:30 then I pick them up and take Josiah to pre-k at Judah's school @ 12:45. Then the boys will walk home together at 3:45.

As of right now I am still nursing the babies, they eat every three hours during the day and they were doing really good sleeping at night from 830-6 but now I think they are going through a growth spurt (its about time!) because they have been waking up a couple times at night to eat. I have also added in three feedings of "solids" a day. So their schedule kind of goes like this:

Sometime between 5:30 wake up and nurse, up for about 30 min then back to bed
Up around 8:30 nurse again.
wait 30 minutes then they have breakfast..homemade pears with baby oatmeal
then about 30 min later they go down for nap
up around 11:30 to nurse again up for about an hour and half then back down to sleep. They don't get to eat food at this time because I'm usually running around feeding other children or picking them up and dropping them off at school.
So then they nurse again around 2:30 and then 30 min later they eat lunch...homemade squash mmm yummy..
then back down to sleep about an hour later.
Up again at 5:30 to nurse and then they eat dinner about 30 min later...homemade sweet potatoes. Then about an hour after that they get their bottle of expressed breast milk and formula mixture (we are trying to get them to gain weight..as they are 7 months old and still don't weigh 12 lbs yet).
Then it's off to bed between 8-8:30 and I pump around 10:00 so that they will have that extra bottle of EBM...

Of course this is an ideal day, the times aren't always the same but that is the way it goes and they don't always sleep right up until its time to eat sometimes they wake up about 20-30 min before its time to eat, usually they get woken up by other little voices that have a way of not being so little. :)

Well goodness it's no wonder I'm so tired.. This truely is the greatest job in the world and I wouldn't trade it for any other.


So now you have some idea what I do everyday so when I tell you stories about other things that are going on during my day you will have some kind of context to put it in :).. Hope you enjoy my blogs and here are some pictures of the kiddos.


Judah

Josiah

Avrah

Hosea

Micah

1 comment:

  1. Totally precious kiddos! Sounds like you have it all figured out, even though I am sure it doesn't feel like it most of the time. Looks like you are doing an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...